“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Remediation vs. Removal
Mold remediation and mold removal are oftentimes used interchangeably. However, each of these is very different in terms of the process.
Mold removal is actually not possible. Mold is naturally occurring in our environments, both indoors and outdoors, so removing it entirely, isn't an option. Mold removal, as advertised by some mold removal companies, would be the process of getting rid of the mold (as near as the eye can see), but not necessarily addressing the source of the problem.
We specialize in mold remediation. This is taking the mold levels in your home to a natural and normal level, while addressing the problems that caused the mold in the first place.
If you have mold issues in your house, SERVPRO of Midwest City is here to help. We can provide mold remediation and mold removal services that are quick and efficient—and that won't cost you an arm and a leg.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (405) 726-1955
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (405) 726-1955
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Midwest City is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Midwest City, OK, Spencer, OK, Forest Park, OK, and surrounding areas.